Friday, October 28, 2011

Free Motion Friday!

It's Free Motion Friday at Fluffy Sheep Quilting, time to share are latest attempt to stitch one of Leah Day's designs! I have to say that I was a little nervous about all the straight lines in this design, which was completely deserved.
Leah Day's Bright Star


My front

My back
 I think if I were to stitch this again, I would mark the center square and center of each side. My straight lines did wobble, just as I had feared AND my convergence of lines in not in the middle. Well, I guess the old saying 'what doesn't kill you will make you stronger'. Hmmmmm, not so sure with this design.  So, I didn't want it to beat me, so I decided to play with the design just a little bit!

Feather Fan
I'm calling this one feather fan, for lack of any better name I can come up with at 6:00 a.m.! I have to say that fitting the feathers into this block was WAY EASIER than stitching straight lines!

This week has been a bit hectic, sew I haven't had a chance to add Bright Star into my FMQ Sampler. I think that might be something for Sunday! I'm off to link-up with my fellow FMQers at Fluffy Sheep Quilting!

Color Me Quilty!

Pat


10 comments:

  1. That feather fan is fantastic!! I want to be able to do that!
    I don't think your lines are that wonky either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found it helped looking at where I was going rather than where the needle was if the makes sense - a bit like driving! But you certainly beat that pattern into submission - I guess you are a girl who loves her curves!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bright star and your feathered design is fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice - love how you filled the space with feathers - very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat,
    The feathers are impressive. I think you should plan on using that design in the future.
    Jodi B

    ReplyDelete
  6. the feathers are amazing. i love the contrast of the curves and lines.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There isn't a day that goes by that I have to stop and visit your site to see what you are up to, in your quilting and embroidery..your mom my best friend is very very proud of her daughter and what you are doing with all of her sewing thing, and what you have added to this wonderful world of quilting/embroidery
    love u Girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Look at your feather fan! It's so beautiful! Dare I say I like it more than the original design? There's not a chance I could do it, though :) Well done!
    You're on the right track with marking the center and edges. Clever girl, you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I, too, love your feathers, well done you.

    ReplyDelete