Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Does It Match??!!

My three and five year old grandsons love to play matching games. I never really thought about how much that is used in adult life, much less quilting. But in the last few days, I've been matching.

Last night I finished "pebbling" my sewing machine cover. I think I matched my previous work pretty well.

Last week's pebbling

This week's pebbling
 Yesterday in the mail, I received some purple Fairy Frost (Michael Miller) from Fabric.com. I really needed it to match the material that I had already used in my storybook quilt.
The strip of fabric on top is from the previous batch
 I picked this fabric up recently at my local quilt shop.
This is some Moda Marble (in real life this is a dark purple, it does not photograph well). Two different batches.
I think that the fabric matches are pretty amazing considering they were in my mom's stash I inherited and I would guess that they are probably close to 10 years old. I am amazed that both manufacturers maintained such high consistency in their dye lots.

I'm linking up with A Quilt Story for Fabric Tuesday!


Fresh Poppy Design

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

4 comments:

  1. You do very well with your machine quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes those matches are remarkable. Love your quilting - very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy smokes Pat! You are so talented!!! Amazing stuff!

    ReplyDelete