Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Block by Block

This is going to sound odd coming from a quilter, but piecing is not my favorite part of quilting. I prefer the design and free-motion quilting parts the best. I piece to see my design and to get something to quilt. This weekend I spent my time piecing guild blocks.

This is my design for a quilt "strip" 9"x 72". Eight others in my guild are also making a "strip". We will put them all together for the MQG/QuiltCon Charity Challenge

Here are some of the elements of my strip


The two blocks below are the last two blocks for my guild's scrap bag/block exchange. Both are enlarged variations from Tula Pink's 100 Modern Quilt Blocks. You can see how to resize a block here.





At this point I'm ready to find something to FMQ! Alas, I have more piecing to do! 

Today I'm linking up with A Quilt Story for Fabric Tuesday and Free Motion by the River for Linky Tuesday.

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

1 comment:

  1. I really like the grey block with the bright colors. Very striking. Great job.

    ReplyDelete