Sunday, December 30, 2012

Sew Cal Gal FMQ Challenge for December

I have had so much fun this year with Sew Cal Gal's FMQ challenge. December is no exception. Patsy Thompson gave a great tutorial on borders and feathers. As a matter of fact, it was all those borders that were the inspiration for my latest quilt, Koi Pond. I didn't have time to quilt that quilt, so I decided to make a coordinating pillow to use as my assignment this month.
Pond Pillow




Back
I really love the bright colors and the stitching just seems to set it all off. I've done feathers before, but never like these. I love how they fill the whole border. I used three different threads. Orange Isacord for the center, a varigated green King Tut for the spirals and feathers and a orangy-red polyester for the outer border.






















The fabric on the back isn't really pretty. It was just some fabric I had in my stash, since it will be on the inside of the pillow. Thank you Patsy Thompson for a great tutorial.

I'm linking up with Sew Cal Gal for December's FMQ Challenge.

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

3 comments:

  1. Wow... your quilting is gorgeous! How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great post! Thanks for the link to the Patsy Thompson video. Very inspirational. I am impressed with your FMQ progress this year.

    Kris

    ReplyDelete