Monday, May 20, 2013

Koi Pond Quilt

This time, Amy at My Creative Side, is allowing two quilt entries into the Blogger's Quilt Festival. So, I decided that I should enter my Koi Pond quilt into the Home Machine Quilted category., since I entered my Elephants on Parade quilt into the Bed Quilt Category.

AmysCreativeSide.com



 Here are some close-up shots of the quilting, during the quilting process







 Here are some photos of what the quilting looks like on the back.



Quilt specifications: Size 56" x 76"
Thread: pieced and quilted with Aurifil.
Batting: Quilters Dream Request - a low loft cotton. It quilted beautifully.
Quilting: All free motion quilted on a domestic machine; Pfaff Quilters Expression 4.0. The only element that was marked, were the Koi (fish). All of the rest of the quilting was done freehand.

Completed in January 2013, this was really a first for me at letting go and creating this quilt in a very improv method. This quilt was so much fun to make.

You really do need to check out all of the quilts at the Blogger's Quilt Festival!

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

10 comments:

  1. Wow! What beautiful work you did on this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is my favorite of all the quilts I've seen on your blog! Your koi are gorgeous and the total quilt is so beautifully designed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I especially like the paisleys in the border.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those koi are amazing! Beautiful, beautiful quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my favorite quilts - it will be getting my vote!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice spot demanding work

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really do love your quilting on this - so thoughtful and skilled!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them mix of stitch elements you used in this---especially the embroidered Koi and the little fish FMQ'd in the border strips! The fabric colors used in the quilt were great too, you did a great job with your thread choices.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply amazing quilting...gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete