Friday, March 7, 2014

Ready to be Stylin' My Next Pot Luck

Over the course of the year, I go to a lot of  'Pot Luck' or 'Bring a Dish to Pass' dinners. Needless to say, I really like to go in style and I think I can do that with my new casserole carrier.




That is actually a pretty big casserole dish, diameter is 9"wide x just over 6" high. It also fits a traditional 9"x13" pan also.

And what a great way to practice free-motion quilting. I followed around all of the flowers and leaves on the cover panel and had a little more fun on the inside panel. I used Aurifil 50wt thread.
Can you see that I quilted 'mm good' on the green strip?
I used Insul-Bright batting (shiny side toward the back or inside) and a second layer of white and warm batting. It made it pretty thick, I think next time I might just use the Insul-Bright.

The outside cover panel is approx. 30" finished and the inside panel is the width of the fabric, approx. 41" finished.

I included an inside "pocket" to put a thin board to help stabilize the casserole dish and to put a hot/cold pack.

This is just a prototype, I think I need to make a couple more to work out some of the 'bugs'. This is also my fourth week in a row with a finish!

Today, I'm linking up with FMQ Project Friday, TGIFF, Link-A-Finish Friday, and Can I Get a Whoop, Whoop

Color Me Quilty!

Pat  


11 comments:

  1. Your color choices are always so bright and cheerful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! Pot lucks with Style :-).
    My favorite part is the main print and the quilting on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, what a great way to practice FMQ! Great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Pat, Now I know what a casserole carrier is! Totally ingenious, and so cheerful and colourful! When you take it out for its first dinner please be sure to post some pictures. Love, Muv

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colours and fabrics you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want one! What a great idea and very well executed. Wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Four weeks of finishes...way to go! Your carrier looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete