Sunday, February 8, 2015

Horse Play

 I had horses and rode in my younger years. Maybe I will ride again someday. Now that I quilt, it has only been a matter of time before I incorporated them into a quilt. This is my "Galloping Through the Meadow Quilt".













I found this large hoop (24" diameter) in my garage. It came with the house. It was just perfect to use it to mark my quilt with this 18" horse. Click here if you want to see my tutorial on this marking technique.


Instead of using white tulle, I used black and a silver Sharpie. Once it's on the tulle, I used a chalk pencil to transfer it on the quilt.
I found this image on line and enlarged it.

I'll be linking up with Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

2 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous! I love horses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. You are making me think that I need to make some of my horse designs (that I digitized) into outline only designs.

    ReplyDelete