Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Quilting With Friends

Quilting is a community activity, whether it's getting together for a class, quilting or virtually in blogland. And I am so happy to be a part of this wonderful community.

First and foremost, THANK YOU to everyone that weighed in on my Elephant quilt design. I think we have consensus, that option 3 is the way to go. It will work great! I feel so privileged to be a part of such a dynamic bloggy community.

Option 3 of the Elephant quilt
On Saturday, Quilters Corner (my LQS) hosted a see it/try it day. They put together tote kits and set up stations at various machines around the shop. I got to try out some VERY cool new machines and got a new tote in the process - FREE. How cool is that! I love Quilters Corner, they really understand customer service and I am a loyal customer because of it!
At Quilters Corner, See It/Try It Day: Baby Lock Serger, Baby Lock Tiara (my dream machine) and Baby Lock Unity

Yesterday (Monday), I spent the day with a fabulous group of quilters, many of whom quilted with my mom. The second Monday of every month, they spend the day quilting together. I can't make it very often, but I love it when I can.
The wonderful "Church Quilters" group
I even started a new project yesterday. Here's a sneak peak!

All in all, I have had a wonderful few days. But today, it's back to work - I have to have some way to pay for all of this fun! ;)

I'm linking up with A Quilt Story for Fabric Tuesday and Free Motion by the River for Linky Tuesday. 

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

3 comments:

  1. I love your color choices. Your LQS looks fantastic! I haven't been to mine much since we moved here, but I think I need to get more familiar now. It could be special like yours, who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the Elephants! I mean truly love! Very nice choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The elephants are beautiful and that sounded like a fun day at your LQS and.....a tote bag! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete