Wednesday, October 23, 2013

WIP Wednesday

I've been working on my Charming Squares quilt this week and it seems to be progressing well. I got the back made and the quilt basted. Now I've started to stitch in the ditch. I still plan on free motion quilting it, but this will at least get the pins out of the way.

About half done with stitching in the ditch!

The back
I plan on stitching in the opposite direction, creating squares. I plan to leave the charm squares unquilted and the grey quilted quite heavily - you know me, quilt the snot out of it. I think it will look cool because I'm using a high loft poly batting, the charm squares should really POP!  I really don't have an intended destination for this quilt, but it's fun to work on.

 I also have to add to my list this week, since I didn't do a WIP post last week, my mug rugs.
1st Mug Rug
2nd Mug Rug
Only have to make about 10 more of these little babies!

Here are this week's stats:
In-process: (3)
Express Your Love
Grandma's Quilt
Charming Squares Quilt
 
New projects: (1)
2nd Mug Rug

Finished (1)
1st Mug Rug

I'm linking up with  Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!



Color Me Quilty!
Pat


3 comments:

  1. I have never done FMQ on a high loft batting. how difficult is it in comparison to say warm n natural or hobbs 80/20?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can't wait to see what you with that charm quilt. I used high loft on one quilt and only straight-line quilted it because I was afraid of trying FMQ with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt looks warm! Nice job on the mug rugs too.

    ReplyDelete