Friday, June 6, 2014

Free Motion Friday

Hello, sorry I've been gone so long. I've been working on getting healthy. Walking 30 minutes EVERY morning, walking more throughout the day, lifting some hand weights and stretching. Also, I have been on the Paleo diet, which is the easiest thing in the world to stay on, but there is quite a bit of prep work. It is paying off, I've lost 23 lbs in 8 weeks!  But, I really miss blogging and of course quilting.

So now that this new lifestyle is becoming a little more of a habit, I've had some time to sit down and quilt. I've made some progress on my Tree quilt.

 I like that the "rings" of the quilt, starting with the trees, then the leaves, stacked wood/tree rings, wood grain, radiate out from the center.


 The love the texture of the Quilters Dream Wool batting with my favorite Aurifil 50wt thread!


The back looks kind of cool too, good texture.

I should be back much more regularly now. Today I'm linking up with the lovely Leah at the Free Motion Project for the Free Motion Quilting Project Link Up

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I can only imagine the hours you have put into this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly, Pat, WOW good for you! I've been on a weight loss journey for about 6 months now and have lost 8 pounds... it is just so hard. You're a true inspiration! That quilt.... holy hannah it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete