Saturday, September 1, 2012

Say It Ain't So.....

...Summer is over! It's Labor Day Weekend (In the U.S.), Fresh Sewing Day for September, and the unofficial end of summer. The last picnic, grandkids go back to school on Wednesday, we all buckle down and get back to work. I hope that's true for getting back to my quilting, which has been a bit slack and sorry of late.

L to R

 All of these projects were WIPs or practice, some even ventured into being UFO's. I started the month with ten WIPs, I'm down to seven. I would really like to finish up more of these this month, because before you know it, I'll need to be working on Christmas projects.

Other projects this month have been canning and freezing all sorts of garden produce for winter. My stepdaughter is a wiz at canning, so we have been canning the last two Fridays. Here's yesterday's bounty.

Roasted red peppers and dill pickles

Salsa and bread & butter pickles
I'm ready for the picnics to end, put away the boat, cut back the gardens and get down to some serious quilting...to welcome fall!

Today I'm linking up with Lynne for Fresh Sewing Day September at Lily's Quilts.
Lily's Quilts


Color Me Quilty!

Pat

5 comments:

  1. I love your sea glass quilt! This month has been about working on those WIPs for me too. I'm so eager to start new projects, but it's time to finish the old ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am in mourning for summer..it was too short

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lively wips and those canned goods look yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha... I'm with Sherry...summer is always too short! Pat your seaglass quilt takes the cake. Totally in love and I'm not a blue person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some lovely quilts in there! Looks like you had a very productive August! I'm getting hungry looking at your canned vegies, yummo!

    ReplyDelete