Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Cracking the WIP!

Wow, Wednesday again! But at least I've been busy working on my WIP! Cracking it open and gettin' it done! Yup, finished up another project this week. My wonky/improv quilt that was part of Leah Day's homework, awhile back, is completed.
I'm surprised how soft this quilt is with this much FMQ!


I sure did learn a lot about quilting on my new machine. I even got back to work on my Expanding Possibilities quilt.

I will say that using the spool net over the thread really helped eliminate the loops I was getting. Just another tool in my tool belt.

I've also pulled out the Library quilt that has been waiting to be worked on.


I plan on doing this as a QAYG. I picked up some batting last night to get going on this. The best part is that I didn't start any new projects this week. I WILL whittle down this WIP list!!!

No questions for Leah this week. I just plan on taking her advise to "Shut up and go quilt!!!"

Stats for  WIP Wednesday!
In-process: (7)
Purple heart wall hanging ( needs borders, backing, quilting and binding)
Expanding Possibilities quilt (Continue to quilt)
Storybook quilt # 2 - All embroidery is done
Geneva Public Library quilt - join and quilt (maybe make a block or two to even it out)
Sew Cal Gal's April FMQ Challenge - Need to make into a pillow.
Sew Cal Gal's May FMQ Challenge - Need to make into a pillow
Sew Cal Gal June FMQ Challenge - Need to bind.

New projects: (0)
No new projects this week!

Finished (1)
Wonky/Improve QAL quilt -  (done)

I'm linking up with  Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday and The Free Motion Quilting Project for QAL Wednesday




WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Free Motion Quilt Along

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

3 comments:

  1. Your wonky improv quilt turned out great! I need to get started on one sometime soon. I'm looking forward to seeing how the library blocks quilt up...they are SO cute! And your hand-dyed fabric arrived in the mail (it's beautiful!) Thank you so much for offering the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing up the improv quilt - the quilting looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your finish! It looks great!! the library project looks exciting and what a great way to share your quilting!

    ReplyDelete