Thursday, August 2, 2012

TNT Thursday - Modern Quilt Guilds


I have been a member of the FLMQG for a while now, but one of the main problems is that the group is geographically spread over a huge area and we just can't quite get together. We are basically just a Facebook group.  So a few of us are forming satellite groups so that we can get together and meet, maybe once a month. I'm forming the Ithaca Modern Quilt Guild. Right now, we have a Facebook page, but I'm working on a blog and a meeting place.

I'm so excited about meeting several people that have only been names on Facebook. The other satellite group that is forming is the Rochester Modern Quilt Guild. They have a Facebook page too.
If you are in the area of either of these groups, please join the Facebook group or you can contact me, if you're not on Facebook.

And speaking of Facebook, Color Me Quilty now has it's own Facebook page and I would love to have you follow me there.




I'm linking up today with Happy Quilting for TNT Thursday and Making Rebecca Lynne for TTT



Thursday Think Tank



Color Me Quilty!

Pat

4 comments:

  1. Pat we must chat! I've taken the steps towards launching a WNY MQG Chapter (Buffalo/Erie, PA area) but wanted to clear it with the Finger Lakes folks first. No one will get back to me. I didnt want to step on anyones toes so to speak. Let me know if you would mind spreading the WNY word? I can share my logo and link with you!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! I'm not sure if I'll be living in Ithaca much past December, but if there's stuff this fall, I'd like to try to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee Skippee for Modern Quilt guilds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pat! I saw on Leah's Free-Motion-Quilting-Project that you adapted your Babylock for FMQ... I also have a Babylock (Denim Pro II) and am looking to get started in FMQ. Which foot did you end up using and have you found an extention table that is compatible? Thanks! ~Danielle

    ReplyDelete