Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Running with Scissors

I feel like that has been my life the last couple of weeks. Hosting three picnics in one week, starting the Ithaca Modern Quilt Guild, then a quick trip to Levittown, NY for work (6 hour drive), PHEW. You might think that I didn't quilt, but I DID! I completed two projects and at least started my homework this week.

My homework for Leah Day's QAL was stitching cucumber vine.
Front (Wonky/improv. quilt)
I have to say, I love cucumber vine. I didn't have a chance to stitch much, but what I did, was lots of fun. I will be using that design again. (No questions for Leah this week, just too busy to think! )
Back
Finally took the time to bind this little painted quilt.

Added this cool faux piped binding to finish my QAYGFMQQAL - Sea Glass quilt. I'll be doing a tutorial on how to do this cool binding on Thursday.
 WIP Wednesday!
In-process: (8)
Wonky/Improve QAL quilt -  (Continue to quilt)
Purple heart wall hanging ( needs borders, backing, quilting and binding)
Expanding Possibilities quilt (Continue to quilt)
Storybook quilt # 2 - All embroidery is done
Geneva Public Library quilt - join and quilt (maybe make a block or two to even it out)
Sew Cal Gal's April FMQ Challenge - Need to make into a pillow.
Sew Cal Gal's May FMQ Challenge - Need to make into a pillow
Sew Cal Gal June FMQ Challenge - Need to bind.

New projects: (0)
No new projects this week!

Finished (2)
Quokka Quilts QAYGFMQQAL quilt - Done
Sew Cal Gal's March FMQ Challenge - Done

I'm linking up with  Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday and The Free Motion Quilting Project for QAL Wednesday


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Free Motion Quilt Along

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

8 comments:

  1. You've been busy! I like the cucumber vine pattern and I've always loved your painted quilt. Congrats on all your finishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cucumber vines look amazing! I must give them a try. Looking forward to your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking you are doing a fabulous job on the Leah Day FMQing considering how busy you are lately!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the work you have done. Your cucumber vine looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun- I wish I still lived in Syracuse, so I could be a part of your quilt guild. :) Good luck and hope things slow down a little for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like how your cucumber vine turned out. Nice job on your finish!

    ReplyDelete