Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My March Sew Cal Gal Challenge FMQ!

Sew Cal Gal is having a monthly FMQ challenge this year. I have completed January and February, so now it's time for March. The FMQ Expert this month was Ann Fahl. She basically told us to draw some designs out on paper and then let our imaginations have a good time. I think I did that!
A little doodling with a pencil.
A little doodling with a needle. (Front)

Back - I think this it the first time I've been this happy with the back of any of my FMQ.

Detail

Detail

I used a high loft polyester as an experiment. I will say that I probably won't do that again anytime soon. A little too puffy!
I had so much fun stitching this out. I have some more experimenting/embellishment I plan to do with this piece. I'll be showing that on Try New Things Thursday.

I'll be linking up today with Sew Cal Gal for the March FMQ Challenge and with A Quilt Story for Fabric Tuesday!










Fresh Poppy Design


Color Me Quilty!

Pat

5 comments:

  1. wow, that is just wonderful!! Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! You are a doodler par excellance(sp?). I'm not much of a doodler, but you've inspired me to try something on another block of DDIL's quilt. Thank you for sharing this wonderful piece. Think it would make a great pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty doodling.....I can't doodle like that on paper for crying out loud!!...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like this, you've really inspired me to try something like that of my own, it's so pretty! Wow!

    ReplyDelete