Saturday, March 10, 2012

Fiddling Around with Feathers

I have come to the conclusion that my favorite part of quilting is the quilting! Free motion quilting that is, and quilting feathers is one of my favorite things to quilt. Last night I decided I wanted to quilt, so I pulled out my sewing machine cover project - my excuse to just quilt what I feel like quilting. I quilted feathers around the border of the project.




I also decided to quilt some ribbons, echos and swirls.

I think the back looks better than the front, the quilting shows.


In other news, the postman has been busy delivering packages from all over the world, right to my door.
I have received goodies from:
Annabella - Life's Rich Pattern - Morocco
Janine - Rainbow Hare (2 packages actually)! - UK
Erin  - Billy Button Design - Ireland
Vicky - Vicky K Creating- Canada

WOW! Thanks everyone!

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

2 comments:

  1. So glad it arrived okay - if a little late!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat,
    I know I've said this before, but your quilting is beautiful. The back is impressive too. Have you seen David Taylor's quilting? I just posted about a lecture he did for our guild, and there is a photo of the back of one of his quilts. You might want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete