Friday, June 29, 2012

Sew Cal Gal's June FMQ Challenge

Approx. 22" x 18" (fat quarter sized) on my own hand dyed fabric
Phew, nothing like waiting to the last possible minute to finish Sew Cal Gal's June FMQ Challenge. This month's challenge was given by Cindy Needham, quilter extraordinaire, to divide up a space and just fill in the spaces with different designs. I have to say, it was a bit of a flash from growing up in the 60's and 70's - groovy! I must say I did have a lot of fun stitching it.
I drew up this on paper, as a starting point to what I wanted to stitch.






 
Back
 The color of the piece is most accurate on the first photo. All of the others are quite washed out looking. It was really fun dividing up the space randomly and coming up with fill designs. I can't wait to see what is in store for next month.

I've completed each month so far this year. If you'd like to see my progress click on the month.
January
February
March
April
May

Now it's time to hop on over to see what everyone else stitched up at Sew Cal Gal for the June FMQ Challenge.  I've seen a few of them and they are wonderful.

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

9 comments:

  1. Pat this is amazing! I absolutely love how it turned out. I hope you bind it and keep it around for inspiration. It makes me want to try it out. I wanted to say your tutorial on FMQ is so encouraging. Love your teacher's heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your design is very whimsical. I like it. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm.... you can start your own Mod Squad with that lovely bit of work. I love it. (I grew up in the same time frame. )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - great work!! I love the designs you chose and the way they flow together! Definitely reminds me of my Flower Power days :*)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Pat, this is wonderful! Brilliant job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks great, you are becoming really skilled at this... just shows what practice will do xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, wow, wow! That's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing!! You are getting better and better every time I stop in and see what you've been up to.

    ReplyDelete