Monday, June 4, 2012

Parts into Blocks

Summer has started at the lake, which makes it difficult to do a lot sewing. But I did get a little bit done this weekend, I worked on my Urban Nine Patch. I got all of the parts trimmed to size and started sewing the parts into blocks and the blocks into rows.
Urban Nine Patch - Parts on the left, blocks sewn together on the right
3 blocks, plus an additional outer row of curved pieces - I think it completes the block

Really pleased with how well everything is lining up.
I would love to think I could finish this top tonight, but I'm leaving for four days for a conference, so I'm not sure I will.

I will be away for a few days, I'm not sure how much blogging I will be able to do. I am planning on stopping at a few quilt shops on the way, love that part of the trip!

 I'm linking up with A Quilt Story for Fabric Tuesday

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

11 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love the extra curved row as a border. It does complete the block nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - those blocks are wonderful. The design looks so intricate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this pattern. have you decided to quilt it? Have a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! I just received the curve ruler for my birthday and I'm excited to try this block! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really looks great. I am loving all the solids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, I love the design and I love the colors! I just found you through quilt story. lived near the finger lakes for a (VERY) short period of time working for Gunlocke (industrial design). It's a really pretty area! Love your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man I was just looking at the ruler for this block and wondering if I should get it. After seeing your drop dead gorgeous blocks all laid out I DEFINITELY have to get it. WOW!! That is going to be an incredible quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your colors. And the blocks you have look perfect!

    ReplyDelete