Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Pieces Into Parts

I hope everyone had a great weekend! It was 91 degrees F yesterday, so it really feels like summer. Yesterday, I also found out that my Storybook Quilt made it into the top nominated FAVORITE BED QUILTS for the Spring 2012 Bloggers' Quilt Festival.

Storybook Quilt
I would LOVE (if you haven't already voted) to vote for my quilt. There are several categories (with some absolutely fabulous quilts), mine is in the FAVORITE BED QUILTS. Click HERE to vote.

Since this was a long weekend for me, I decided that I really needed to get going on my Urban Nine Patch that I started way back in January or February. So this weekend I cut pieces and turned them into parts. I know really exciting stuff!
Urban Nine Patch
I still have to trim the parts and sew them into the blocks, then sew the blocks into a quilt top. I am quite pleased with the design and colors. This was made with Jenny at Sew Kind of Wonderful's Quick Curve Ruler (which in some kind of wonderful) and her Urban Nine Patch pattern. I can't wait to get this together so I can quilt it (my favorite part of quilting).

Today I'm linking up with A Quilt Story for Fabric Tuesday! 


Fresh Poppy Design


Color Me Quilty!

Pat

8 comments:

  1. Wow, Pat, your Urban Nine Patch is looking amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so cool. Now, to start my FLMQS challenge quilt....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats for the beautiful story book quilt! I love your nine patch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love that Urban Nine-Patch!!! I've been drooling over at Jenny's site for a while now. I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and go order the ruler :*) Good luck in the Festival - your quilt is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats and love the urban 9 patch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sooo pleased your Story Book quilt was nomated!!! yay!! Cast my vote for you this morning. Keeping finger crossed :o)
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that design! Looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your first quilt ia amazing!! ....and love your UNP, the way you added the outside pieces, looks so great!

    ReplyDelete