Wednesday, May 16, 2012

WIPped

I love spring with it's lovely soft colors as new growth emerges. But along with spring comes the Spring Battle Plan....how best to attack the gardens and I do have gardens - I actually even like gardening.
Spring 2012 Garden Battle Plan


Main Garden
Shade Garden
Beach Garden

New shrub, Sorbaria Sorbifolia 'Sem"
Five yards of mulch spread, 1 new tree and 5 new shrubs planted. I'm whipped! But more importantly, I'm DONE! (at least for now). So back to our regularly scheduled quilting!

I finished the tutorial for my Rose Window block
Rose Window Block
I'm currently hosting my second Quilty Embellishment Day linky party with guest blogger Jenny @ Sew Kind of Wonderful. The link is open until next Tuesday (5/22) and every linker is automatically entered to win two spools of metallic thread.

I'm also hosting TGIFF (Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday) this Friday. This is a great chance to show off all of your finished WIPs!  Challenge yourself this week and stop by to link up or just see what everyone else got done!




I'm madly trying to finish my storybook quilt in time for the Spring 2012 Bloggers Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side. If you haven't heard of the Bloggers Quilt Festival you really need to check it out. Bloggers across the quilty blogishere link up and show off one of their favorite quilts. I think last fall there were over 600 entries.
Just need to finish hand stitching the binding.
My stats this week are:
In-process: (9)
FLMQG solids challenge crib quilt (2 out of 9 Urban Nine Patch blocks done)
Purple heart wall hanging ( needs borders, backing, quilting and binding)
Expanding Possibilities quilt (basted, now to be quilted)
Storybook quilt # 1 -   finishing the hand-stitched binding
Storybook quilt # 2 - All embroidery is done
Quokka Quilts QAYGFMQQAL quilt (All 30 blocks are quilted, need to join and bind)
Geneva Public Library quilt - join and quilt (maybe make a block or two to even it out)
Sew Cal Gal's March FMQ Challenge - Need to bind.
Sew Cal Gal's April FMQ Challenge - Need to make into a pillow.
 
New projects: (0)

Finished (1)
QuiltCon Challenge block - Tutorial for TNT Thursday.
 
I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday and The Free Motion Quilting Project for QAL Wednesday


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Free Motion Quilt Along

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

11 comments:

  1. Pat, your garden --- especially the beach one, has me in AWE! Gorgeous... and slightly envious even!! Love the tutorial, too, and so glad to have found your blog! Have a great one~you've got lots on your plate...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty garden! I am off to check out your tut on the Rose window block as I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I thought I had a lot of gardens...lol. Yours are very beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful garden, so beautiful!
    Love your Rose Window Block, it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden looks amazing! Its autumn here in South Africa, so most the trees has lost their leaves already, its still pretty all the colours changing, but I do prefer spring/summer. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! I'm hoping to add one to the festival too. I'm getting my garden ready too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my... I am in love with those gardens... and more than a little jealous! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I had gardening skills like that! If you saw what I last planted, you would probably laugh your ass off. It looks like it may need water. haha. I just plant things and hope they live. I let nature kill off the weak and let the strong thrive....tanslation, I don't water, pull weeds or any of that stuff. I do trim the bushes from time to time when they look unruley ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is quite a garden plan, but I can see why you need it. What a beautiful garden you have.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. that thread looks yummy! I wish I'd embellished something recently!!!

    ReplyDelete