Monday, June 11, 2012

Cool Adjustable Sewing Table

Acrylic adjustable sewing machine extension table by Sewing Mates - Molalla, Oregon
I've had this acrylic extension table for a while now and have been meaning to share it with you all, it is a VERY cool - it adjusts to fit almost any machine!

The legs easily adjust to multiple heights
When I inherited two Babylocks, I knew I wanted an acrylic extension table. But I was concerned at how expensive they are, especially if I bought two separate tables - one to fit each machine. Then I stumbled upon Sewing Mates Adjustable tables. This was the ticket, a table that could be adjusted to fit both machines.
The table adjusts from underneath, leaving the top smooth.
I always get questions and admiring comments when I take it to a sewing day or retreat. I got the biggest one, 24"x 24", but they come in several sizes. Communicating with the company was absolutely painless, Barbara Geer was delightful!

I'm still waiting to get Miss Ellie (my machine) back from the hospital...soon I hope! I guess I'm going to have to use Miss E (my Esante).

Here's a little peek at my husband's birthday picnic!
Humphrey loves the water!
Family fun on the boat.
Color Me Quilty!

Pat

5 comments:

  1. Happy Monday to you Pat. I love my table too. Have one that belongs to my main machine. Will look this one up though 'cause i would love to have one for the machine that i do the most piecing on. What are you working on this week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat, that is cool. My Babylock Espire came with a table I am assuming Ms Ellie is an Ellissimo. (sweet!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been holding off on buying a table because I plan to upgrade my machine at some point. These might be the solution to that issue, thanks for sharing! Does it shift when moving a heavy quilt around?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had one of their extension tables for a few years. It is really nice! And sturdy too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. I am looking for a sewing table in which I can drop the machine below the table so that I have a flat working surface. I came across the acrylic extension tables by Sewing Mates and am thinking this may be a economical option. However, I am concerned at to whether it would be large enough for free motion quilting a large quilt. Have you used it for something that large, where you needed the ability to make sure the project moved around smoothly?

    ReplyDelete