Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Feathers!!

I love the look of FMQ feathers, so I was excited to stitch a feather for Sew Cal Gal's February FMQ Challenge.
Front

Back

Detail

Detail
Unfortunately, my pretty green hand-dyed fabric doesn't really show well in these pictures. The batting is Insul-Bright, so now I will have one pretty potholder. I'll need to make it a mate. I wonder what next month's pattern will be?

I'm linking up with Sew Cal Gal February FMQ Challenge and A Quilt Story for Fabric Tuesday!

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

8 comments:

  1. What an awesome job! Woo hoo for you...this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your feathers look great! I love the echo around the feathers, that's the part I have never been able to do well. Yours is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a wonderful job. It looks very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! And I love that you used the insulating batting, now you'll be able to see the FMQ all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your feathers turned out great, you've really got the teardrop shape down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your feather is beautiful - much too nice to be a pot holder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't is a fun challenge!?! Great detail photos!

    ReplyDelete