Sunday, September 11, 2011

Color To Dye For!

OH MY GOSH!  I totally forgot what a rush it is to dye! You really have to try this, if you haven't already. Honest, it's easy (albeit a little messy, best done in a basement or garage). My dyes haven't lost their umph, they look great.

So this morning Kate and I got up (had a first cup of coffee) and went to the garage to check our dye pots (or in our case dye baggies). We brought them over to the deck (my washer and dryer are right inside the door), and proceeded to wring out the fabric in each baggie. Meanwhile I filled the washer with warm water, added Synthrapol and white vinegar. We did Kate's batch of 18 fabrics first, put them all in the washer at once. Then we did my batch!







Now for the big TA DA moment!

Mine are on the left (heavy on the greens) and Kate's on the right (rainbows)



Humphrey needed a little attention, too!
Well, I really didn't need more stash, but WOW Color Me Dyeing!

Pat

1 comment: