Sunday, February 26, 2012

Watchout: Curves Ahead!

I love curves in quilts, I just don't have much experience with sewing curves. But Jenny at Sew Kind of Wonderful keeps posting just the coolest blocks using her quick curve ruler. She even started the Urban Nine Patch QAL, I had to join. I'm new to sewing curves and this block is far from perfect, but I really love it.

My rotating cutting mat (another Christmas present) came in handy for squaring up part of this block.

A couple of the points of my nine patch aren't perfect, but I really love this block. I think the orange gives it just the right "Pop"!

Jenny has set up some Flickr groups, a general one for projects with her ruler and one for the Urban Nine Patch QAL. You really should check it out!

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

4 comments:

  1. That looks so great! I love the colors you used and for your first...you should be proud!! I like the white for your outer edges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh! I like your block....very much xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see wnat you mean about the curved blocks. Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your block.

    I have been thinking about getting that rotating cutting mat. Do you like the mat over the traditional mat?

    ReplyDelete