Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Finish Something February!

How can it be February already??!! I didn't finish anything in January, even though I was a quilting fool! I guess I can say that I have done my FMQ QAL homework every week and I'm current on my QAYGFMQQAL. I may not have actually finished a quilt this month, but I came close with my latest project for Leah Day's QAL Wednesday. This week we were to practice stitching on a line. I knew immediately what project I could do.  So I made a baby quilt from a panel that I had had for a while.
Lots of lines to quilt!

I used light blue thread to quilt the center of the panel


I switched to yellow thread and filled in the yellow triangles and left the rest of the triangles open. I plan on quilting around the umbrellas




 I'm pleased with my progress this week. Although I'm using Isacord thread this week, I have implemented Leah Day's suggestion to use a spool stand. Not only did it work to eliminate the Aurifil thread breaking, it helped with the tension on the Isacord. I don't have any questions this week for Leah, just a huge thank you for last week's answer to my thread problem.

Since today is February 1st, it means Fresh Sewing Day! So here's a recap of January! (Lots of FMQ)

A lot of fun projects, but I must finish something in February!!!! Which leads me to WIP Wednesday!

So, my stats this week are:
In-process: (5)
Hip to be Square FMQ sampler (20 out of 30 blocks quilted)
Purple heart wall hanging ( needs borders, backing, quilting and binding)
Expanding Possibilities quilt (needs backing, quilting and binding)
Storybook quilt # 1 -  All blocks are quilted
Storybook quilt # 2 - All embroidery is done
Quokka Quilts QAYGFMQQAL quilt (First 4 blocks are quilted - quilted a 5th block since I added an extra row to my quilt).

New projects in the cue to start: (3)
FLMQG solids challenge crib quilt (Not started)
New Wave quilt (not started)
Friend's baby quilt -Noah's Ark Baby Quilt, top done, basted and almost all quilted!

Finished (0)

I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday, The Free Motion Quilting Project for Quilt A Long Wednesday and Lily's Quilts for Fresh Sewing Day!


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


 






 



Fresh Sewing Day






Color Me Quilty!


Pat


15 comments:

  1. No finish, but a busy, busy quilty month! I like your little baby quilt - really nice progress on the FMQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be so hard on yourself about not finishing anything last month! Your embroidery alone was so great, I would need month for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I you are doing a great job on your quilting!! Keep up the great job!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilting on the panel is great! I love the blue and green squares quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done for practicing on actual projects! I'm still sticking to practice pieces. Love the Noah's Ark quilt

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the Noah's Ark Quilt. Great Job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! I haven't tried a spool stand yet but I haven't had any thread issues. It was really nice that you had some real WIPs to practice on - it's a darling quilt! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pat you did a awesome job! Love the quilt. Baby quilt panels are perfect for week4's quilt along. My first baby quilt was from a panel :-).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh your lines are so good. I love your filler work in the bitty triangles. You may say you got nothing finished, but you've sure gotten a lot done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilting on that lovely panel is gorgeous. Which thread stand did you buy and where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your quilting and very cute baby quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think your fmq straight stitch looks great! I love the fmq in the yellow triangles!

    ReplyDelete