Thursday, February 16, 2012

Try New Things (TNT) Thursday: Guest Blogging a Tutorial for Gothic Windows

To say that I'm just a little excited to be guest blogging with a tutorial for a block I created could be the understatement of my quilty world. Today I'm guest blogging at Happy Quilting, showing how to make Gothic Windows.

Gothic Windows made from just three 2 1/2" (Jelly Roll sized) wide strips of contrasting fabric.
What Melissa at Happy Quilting may not realize is that she got me started in "modern" quilting and blogging! It was from her Sugar Pop N Change tutorial that I made my first "modern" quilt. She also featured my quilt on her blog, along with several others who made this quilt, which first gave me the idea to start a blog.

Transitions!
So please hop on over to visit Melissa at Happy Quilting and see how to make Gothic Windows!



Color Me Quilty!

Pat

9 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow! I have to say, I read at least 50 quilting blogs a day and it takes a lot to impress me, especially with jelly roll strips, but you knocked it out of the park with Gothic Windows! Can I ask a favor? I've been thinking about donating a small quilt to the Virginia Quilt Museum fundraiser, but the submission form requires that "if the quilt design is from a pattern, book, magazine, web page, etc., the copyright holder’s written permission to use the design is required and should be submitted with the quilt." Would you be able to reply to my comment to give me permission to make a small quilt from this pattern for this purpose? Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Gothic Windows blocks is so neat and what a great tutorial! Thanks for sharing!
    Quilting by the River

    ReplyDelete
  3. So neat looking!! Your color and fabric choice is awesome. Saw your tutorial on Melissa's blog, Happy Quilting. This is a block I'd love to make. Thanks for sharing it with us. Oh and I'm a new follower. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I'll stop by Melissa's. I love your Gothic Window block.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this block, and a great tutorial you've provided - thank you. Oh so now I'm getting distracted again...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made your block and shared it with my friends at retreat. Everyone loved it!!!! It was very easy & your instructions were perfect! I also blogged about it on today's post and linked back to you and Melissa. Hope it brings you some love!!! =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pat, I've got several done for this project and have blogged with a photo and links to you and Happy Quilting at Ten Quilts: My latest projects. Thanks again for the inspiration and great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete