Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Independence WIP

Happy Independence Day! I'm free, free to stitch! I'm all WIPped up and ready to sew, which is a good thing since I'm behind on Leah Day's QAL homework.
Wonky/Improv Quilt - Leah Day's QAL homework.
I don't have enough of any one tan background fabric, so I decided to mix and match some tans and hope that it looks tonal. Right now it reminds me of torn-up paper bags, LOL! It will make a nice throw/beach blanket. I still have to trim/square it up and stitch it together.

I did get quite a bit of FMQ done this week, though. I completed my Sew Cal Gal's FMQ Challenge for June. Leah mentioned that this is similar to how we are going to FMQ the wonky/improv quilt. To me it's just GROOVY!





 I also finished my baby Urban Nine Patch/ FLMQG solids challenge quilt. Even though my lines of stitching are a bit wobbly, I'm really proud of how well this quilt turned out.



The stats this week:
In-process: (8)
Wonky/Improve QAL quilt
Purple heart wall hanging ( needs borders, backing, quilting and binding)
Expanding Possibilities quilt (basted, now to be quilted)
Storybook quilt # 2 - All embroidery is done
Quokka Quilts QAYGFMQQAL quilt (All 30 blocks are quilted, need to join and bind)
Geneva Public Library quilt - join and quilt (maybe make a block or two to even it out)
Sew Cal Gal's March FMQ Challenge - Need to bind.
Sew Cal Gal's April FMQ Challenge - Need to make into a pillow.
Sew Cal Gal's May FMQ Challenge - Need to make into a pillow

New projects: (1)
Sew Cal Gal June FMQ Challenge

Finished (1)
Urban Nine Patch - FLMQG solids challenge crib quilt

I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday and The Free Motion Quilting Project for QAL Wednesday



WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Free Motion Quilt Along

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

8 comments:

  1. I'm impressed and a little jealous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitching! Hope you enjoy an Independence Day full of sewing fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is looking good and it looks like you did a lot! I love the urban nine patch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing FMQ! And a gorgeous urban nine patch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your FMQ is looking great and the Urban 9 Patch is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The different background shades are a fun way to emphasize the wonkyness of the quilt. Looking forward to seeing how it all comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your urban nine patch ( if I have not told you yet) I also love some of the quilting you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow your urban 9 patch is amazing! That quilting is just spectacular, thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete