Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Woohoo, My Urban Nine Patch is DONE!!!


I love it when a plan comes together! Finished up my baby Urban Nine Patch this morning.  My first curved pieced and first all solids (except the back) quilt. I'm really proud that I did this all myself. The FMQ is a little organic (read wobbly), but I don't know how else you learn without actually doing it (over and over again)!

Lots of FMQ

I like how this part of the design looks like a flower.

The back. I really like the orange binding.



I originally set out to do this quilt as part of the FLMQG (Finger Lakes Modern Quilt Guild) solids challenge that we talked about last October. The quilts were supposed to be finished in April. Well, it's July and I think I'm the first one finished, although there was some discussion about it last night on Facebook. The new date is August. Does this mean I'm done a month early??!! ;)

I'm linking up with A Quilt Story for Fabric Tuesday and Plum and June for the Let's Get Acquainted blog hop!

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

20 comments:

  1. wow! an early finish xx well done it looks wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a stunning quilt, lucky the baby who snuggles under it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt looks awesome! I love the quilting, especially the pebbles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you ARE DONE EARLY. This is FABULOUS!!!! Can't wait to see it in person. I'm inspired to get back to my sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea! It's been fun to see this quilt progress! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks wonderful...i will remember that term "organic" instead of wonky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning - you should extremely proud of that FMQ, it rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving your urban nine patch! What great colors and you did a fantastic job on the quilting. You are so right...the only way to learn something new is to do it over and over again. P.S. I found you through the Let's Get Acquainted Blog hop. Nice to meet you.

    Vicki @ Quilting Lodge

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks great!! Love the quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome quilt you FMQ, curved piecing goddess you :o)
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Such a unique pattern and well-executed to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it!, your quilting is very fitting and looks great! Love your binding too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I first saw Jennys design I fell in love, this is awesome! Really hope I have time to make one of my own soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful quilting, very intricate!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is awesome! Love your color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your quilt is beautiful. I like everything about it... the color choices, the design, the quilting... really nice work. You should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The color choices here are so fabulous! Nice work! I love this quilt and I've pinned it to my "Quilty Goodness" board on Pinterest (with proper credit, of course!). Feel free to follow me if you'd like: http://pinterest.com/lipglass/quilty-goodness/

    ReplyDelete
  18. The color choices you made are just wonderful! Nicely done! I love this quilt and I've pinned it to my "Quilty Goodness" board on Pinterest (with proper credit, of course!). Feel free to follow me if you'd like: http://pinterest.com/lipglass/quilty-goodness/

    ReplyDelete