Thursday, July 12, 2012

Meet the Newest Member of My Quilt Family...

...Frances Pfaff. Otherwise know as Miss Frannie. And yes, I know I'm weird, I name my machines, (and really spoiled for getting a new machine).
Miss Frances (Frannie) Pfaff - Pfaff Quilters Expression 4.0

Two different setting for Free Motion - Traditional spring free-motion and Sensormatic free-motion
The Sensormatic free-motion setting lets the presser foot hover so the quilt sandwich glides. 


The free-motion foot is nice and open. Love it!

The little black arm in the back of the presser foot is a build it walking foot.
10" Throat - oh yeah!

Hundreds of stitches

Even the foot petal is nice and big. Easy to use.
But the very best part is the service from Quilters Corners, the store where I purchased this machine. This machine was used for a year in their classroom. They cleaned and serviced it, and because they never actually sold it, it still has it's full warranty.  It also includes basic training when you pick up your machine, the a 3-4 hour new owners class that goes through all of the functions of the machine. You can take this class over and over again, for the life of the machine - FREE! And if Frannie goes in for service, they give you a loaner from their classroom. Oh and did I tell you the machine was $1000 off MSRP! You just can't beat this deal!

Quilters Corners just ROCKS!!!!

And since I've never purchased a new machine (I inherited my Babylocks), this is definitely trying something new. So I'm linking up with Melissa at Happy Quilting for TNT Thursday! 

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

18 comments:

  1. Congratulation on the new addition to your family!!! I've been thinking I'd like to get a Pfaff. I have a few friends who are die-hard Pfaff fans and would not sew on anything else. I'm sure you are going to love Miss Frannie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have (and love) the same machine. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm speechless! I never dreamt such a machine was even invented! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I think I am in lust with your machine. I am going to have to find a bigger "new sewing machine fund" jar! I cannot wait to see all you create on this new gal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!!!!! So exciting, Pat. Wish we lived closer then we could sew together. As you experiment i would be interested in the things you find out about thread. Also are you going to use the knee thingy. ( I kind of forgot about mine until the other day) Dont you love the push button to raise the foot. It took abit of getting used to but i love it now. Keep us posted on how you are doing or i should say what you are doing. You will enjoy,of that i am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on welcoming your new family member. I am a die-hard Pfaff fan and converted my mother to one as well. She recently upgraded her machine to the QE 4.0 too. Have fun!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely new machine, the service package sounds great as well. I must admit that I named my machine too...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, enjoy your new baby!She looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOO HOO! Congratulations! i hope it meets all your expectations....and then some!

    you picked a great name. i have a dog named frannie - and she is a peach!

    i also name my machines....when you spend so much time with them, naming them is just the natural thing to do.

    i love quilters corner...great batik selection!
    i'm hoping to make the color class on sunday.

    ENJOY YUR NEW MACHINE! i can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the new addition to the family, enjoy!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on adding Miss Frannie to your home. Was is like a baby, where you pick out several names while you are waiting for the big day, or was it Frannie from the start?

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats on your new machine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Pat...congratulations on joining the Pfaff club. I have exactly the same machine. Love it. I was somewhat perplexed though -your Sensormatic foot is open - my machine came with a closed one!. I will have to do some research into this as the Springloaded one is not really that useful for echo quilting and my closed Sensormatic one is very restrictive. Once you have played with this for a while I would be interested to hear what you think of the Sensormatic foot. I have tried it a couple of times and always go back to the Springloaded one as I find that the Sensormatic one drags the needle a bit at higher speed. Anyway, have fun getting acquainted with your new machine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pat, I am so pleased you got your Pfaff. Enjoy Frannie.
    Edith

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations to Frannie! I sew on a Pfaff Quilters Expression 4.0, too, and I'm really happy with this machine! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yippee Skippee for a new machine!!! Hope you love it!!!

    ReplyDelete