Thursday, July 5, 2012

Gone Wonky!

Well, I finished my wonky/improv quilt top, Leah Day's QAL homework. Not 100% sure I like it. I think that's more do to the fabric choices than the process, but it is what it is.

Wonky/improv quilt top approx 48" x 64"

Even found the perfect fabric for the back, although I do need to piece it.
I think the quilting is going to make or break this quilt. I have some variegated burgundy thread that I think I'm going to use.

I'm linking up to Happy Quilting for TNT Thursday, because this is definitely something new for me and TGIFF at Quokka Quilts because, WOOHOO, I finished the top!

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

15 comments:

  1. Way to try out improv. It looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just too fun. I can't wait to see the quilting you do in it. I still have not started quilting my improv quilt, so, I am hoping you inspire me. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With your amazing quilting skills, it will be a work of art!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's fun! I love the pops of color! That backing sure is perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great! What perfect backing fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see what you decide to do with the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honestly, I quite like it. Maybe after you get it quilted and get a chance to look at it with "new eyes" it will grow on you more :) Great Job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like it! Something a bit different and modern. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on your first improv quilt! I've made one wonky quilt top and it's not really my thing, even though I'm always impressed by the gorgeous wonky quilts everyone else seems to come up with! Maybe it's the process? Who knows. Either way, yours looks awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woo hoo is right! Great job with the improv quilt, Pat. I know it's hard to let go. I think your quilting is going to be fabulous on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on trying something new! I've never tried improv and am a bit scared of it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your wonky top. Mostly I haven't liked the ones I've seen on Leah Day's site, but I do like the ones I've seen in the Modern Quilting book I bought recently. I'm considering trying one too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done on finishing the top! You're right, quilting will make a heap of difference - I look forward to seeing it finished! thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WTG! I love all the neutrals to male the color just pop!

    ReplyDelete