Monday, August 20, 2012

The Fun is Returning!

I absolutely love to free motion quilt, but with all of the problems I've been having lately, it really hasn't been fun. But now that I've gotten to understand my machine just a little bit better, the fun is returning. So yesterday, I had a lovely time FMQ on my wonky/improv. quilt.




Add caption
I was doing great, until I tried this design, then back to shredded thread and birds nests. Must be something about how I'm moving the quilt. Guess I'm going to have to work on that because this is one of my favorite FMQ designs.

Today I'm linking up with Plum and June for Get Acquainted Blog Hop.   You really should stop on by and check out the giveaway they are having from SkyeReve Fabrics.

Plum and June

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

5 comments:

  1. Great job. I am busy too but when you change a motif new problems seems to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always try to make a "play" quilt sandwich to work out the kinks in new designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was interesting to read....I wonder about your speed setting. I find that I have to vary the speed setting according to what design I quilt. I am glad though that your FMQ difficulties on that machine are almost ironed out. Might just be a matter of getting used to the new machine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Karin is right (above post). I am finding that too. Speed. It seems to, as a design becomes more familiar you can pick up speed. Last week i was having a bit of trouble all of a sudden and realized that the flip up door that shows the stitches available on your mach was leaning against the spool of thread, keeping the thread from coming off of the spool easily. yikes who knew! Perseverance;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who knew a new machine would be such nuisance! I'm glad the fun is coming back into your fmq :)

    ReplyDelete