Monday, July 25, 2011

Free-Hand Free-Motion Quilty Goodness

Free-motion quilty goodness!  As I have said in a previous post, I'm learning to free-motion quilt.  So I had to have a quilt to start with so I made Hip To Be Square (Busy Bee 2003 pattern). I choose fun bright, busy fabrics to help hide my inevitable blunders, which is not really a bad thing since I LOVE bright colors.

I love greens, teals and other "lakey" colors. This quilt went together quite quickly.  There are 30 squares to practice free-motion patterns, most of which have been or will be inspired by Leah Day's Free-Motion Quilting Project.













This is my first block, serious problems with the bobbin and getting the correct tension. I'm chalking it up to learning curve.
















It really helped when I put the correct sized bobbin in the machine.


















I'm pretty happy with the outcome so far.

Happy Quilting!

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment