Monday, September 14, 2015

Quilt As You Go with Fleece Backing

I have finished quilting all of the blocks of my experiment with QAYG fleece backed quilt. 


I had some fun quilting the last few blocks


I joined the first two blocks


I was nervous to try out how well the blocks would go together, but it went together just fine. I did make the back strip used to join the block slightly smaller (1 1/8" instead of 1 1/4") than the tutorial calls for (click here for the tutorial).

The joining technique worked perfectly. I'm glad I choose to make the back strip smaller.


The question now is, how long before I can finish this project an get it off my design wall??!!

Today I'm linking up with Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday.

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

4 comments:

  1. I like how this looks. Did you enjoy the QAYG method? I found the idea appealing but somehow couldn't get on with it when I tried. Your quilting is great though, and I know it's easier to manage that in smaller chunks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun, I've never tried QAYG but I can see how it can be appealing. Sometimes by the time I get done piecing together my quilt top I just do not want to sit down and quilt in one big batch. It might be easier if I just quilt a little at a time. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh,
    what a lovley quilt you have made.

    Dollandesign

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilting is fabulous, which you posted more of your newer quilts

    ReplyDelete