Wednesday, July 23, 2014

QBL Class with Victoria Findlay Wolfe

I spent the last two days in a class at Quilting by the Lake (QBL) taught by Victoria Findlay Wolfe. The class was based on her book 15 Minutes of Play. Basically, you use your scraps to make fabric.




I'm not a huge fan of scrappy quilts, but I'm pretty pleased with the effect of this technique. I really want to make a quilt out of this. I know I certainly have enough scraps!

Here are some of the projects that others made in this class.


There were quilters from all over the country. Absolutely amazing work. If you ever get a chance to go to QBL, you won't be disappointed.

Well, another project to add to the WIP list!

Here are this week's stats:
In-process: (6)
Express Your Love
Humphrey's New Bed
Mod Ovals Quilt
Pantone Quilt 2014
Modern Scottish Baby
IMQG Block Swap
 
New projects: (1) 
Scrap Fabric Quilt

Finished (0)


I'm linking up with  Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!




Color Me Quilty!
Pat

3 comments:

  1. That looks like such a cool technique! I love what you did with your scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so jealous. I wanted to go but had to back out. I plan to go next year though! How was it? Your project looks great,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been sewing my scraps together for ages and making these 12x12 inch blocks, but it love the idea of considering it to be fabric. And I REALLY like how you used yours! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete