I used Aurifil 50wt to piece it together, then tried some new types of threads for quilting. I used Aurifil invisible thread to stitch in the ditch and to stitch my faux piped binding, that worked wonderfully well. Then I used Aurifil 40wt and 28 wt to create the "plaid" with straight line stitching.
I used Quilters Dream Puff batting so that it would be soft for the baby to play on, but yet fabulously washable.
|This is Jess, the mama-to-be, her grandma (my aunt) was looking on from behind.|
|The straight line stitching isn't really straight, but the quilt was made with love. Hopefully, that's what the baby and her mama feels when they touch this quilt.|
Today, I'm linking up with TGIFF, Link-A-Finish Friday, Can I Get a Whoop, Whoop and Finish It Up Friday
Color Me Quilty!