Monday, October 20, 2014

Halloween Postcard

I like a little seasonal fun. The Rochester and Ithaca Modern Quilt Guilds are exchanging quilted postcards for Halloween. I've seen quilted postcards, but I've haven't made one...until now. They're kind of fun to make.


I stitched a spooky Sugar Skull!


I fused a piece of orange fabric on to some Fast2Fuse and then just FMQ the sugar skull. I was just going to fuse a piece of white fabric on the back, but you could see the stitching through it, so I fused a second piece of Fast2Fuse and the white fabric. Then I just stitched around the edge.  I used textile markers to write on the back. I might have to make a few more of these, they are fun and quick.

I will send this little fellow on his way later this week. Gotta make sure he gets there by Halloween.

Today I'm linking up with Anything Goes Monday at Stitch by Stitch and with Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times

Color Me Quilty!

Pat


No comments:

Post a Comment