Monday, June 15, 2015

Welcoming Simon into the Family

It has been wayyyyyyy too long since I posted something here, but losing my dear corgi buddy Humphrey was very difficult. Both my vet and best friend said don't wait to get a new pup, start looking right away, but know exactly what you want. I said I wanted a slightly older (not a puppy) corgi, different coloring than Humphrey, maybe a tri-color, maybe a show dog that didn't make it in the ring. Guess what? The universe provided in spades! Meet Simon Kenton., aka (just plain) Simon. Registered name Edenfaire Treat or Treat (he was born on Halloween 2013). He was supposed to be a show dog, but for some reason, he didn't quite make it. Yay for me! Simon has already stolen my heart.



Simon is a handsome boy and very, very sweet. He has lots to learn about being a family pet, but he's smart and is figuring it out as we go. Yesterday Simon and I were finally able to spend some quality time in my sewing room. Yippee, Skippee! My husband likes to name the dogs, so click here to learn more about the origin of Simon Kenton

I walked he little legs to stumps, he was then content to sleep while I quilted.

 I like this off-center flower combined with straight lines.


 This was also a fun block to quilt. I love the organic quality of the quilting in little colored squares

 Stippling can also work well when filling in an area.


I was able to quilt several blocks on my quilt-as-you-go project. I love how they turned out. Even though this is Monday and not Friday, feel free to post pictures of your quilting project on my Facebook page (click here).

I plan to be back much more frequently, of course that does depend on Simon cooperating.

Color Me Quilty!

Pat



5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your loss of Humphrey! I can totally relate because I lost Charlie in January. It still kills me. Old lady Lola won't abide another dog in the house.

    Oh my golly! Simon is just ADORABLE! Do you have a website and Instagram for him yet? Look at that face! I love him! Can't wait to hear about his adventures! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simon looks like such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew instantly who you meant when you said you had named him "Simon Kenton"--my father is from Kenton, Ohio! He's adorable! Since we lost both of our dogs in the last 2 years, we've added Corgis to the list of dogs we may think about getting. Can't wait to see more photos of Simon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great addition to your family!! Congrats on finding Simon and I'm sure he's feeling like he won the dog lottery :-) Corgis are such awesome dogs, that's for sure.
    Great quilting, I'd like to try a couple of the combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. See a great partnership between you and Simon. He is one handsome Corgi.

    ReplyDelete