|We had a little trouble with the thread breaking at the beginning. We added some fabric on the edges to practice. Just like on a domestic machine, it's best to use the same thread top and bobbin. Once we did that, it was smooth sailing.|
|I used Quilters Dream Puff batting and it gave me almost a trapunto look.|
|The hardest part was around the blocks. It was hard to stop the momentum of the machine in the smaller areas.|
|The back was pieced from my stash. By no means is the quilting even close to perfect, but I think it looks pretty good for a first time.|
All in all, I had a good day. I'm not sure I'm ready to jump into longarm quilting, though. I like sitting at my domestic machine, I feel like I have better control. But I really like having the longarm option for certain quilts, it's a huge bonus. A big "THANK YOU" CHRIS!
Now I just need to trim and bind it. Yippee, Skippee!
I'm linking up with Leah Day for UFO Sunday at the Free Motion Quilting Project, since this quilt is using up some orphan blocks.
Color Me Quilty!