Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fast and Easy One Seam Flying Geese

Oh my gosh! I wish I had tried this sooner. This is the easiest, fastest, most accurate way to make flying geese, thank you Ricky Tims!

The white squares are 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" and the raspberry rectangle is 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" (1/2" shorter than the 2 squares together.

Fold the rectangle (WRONG sides together) and sandwich between the squares. Sew along the side of the sandwich.

Voila! Prefect flying geese. Measures 2 1/2" x 4 1/2"
Bonus, it has a dimensional quality about it

 This is sew going in my Expanding Possibilities quilt.

Well, just Color Me Quilty!

Pat

4 comments:

  1. Here's another great way to make flying geese. Check out http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/01/geese-in-park.html -- scroll down a bit to where they actually start making the blocks. But then of course, you don't get the neat dimensional look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anya, that IS a cool way to make geese. I will have to try it.

    One of the benefits of having dimensional geese is that you can turn the edges down to look something like a cathedral window. I haven't decided if I'm going to do that or not, but it is an option. Thanks for the comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be trying this soon, thanks for the idea

    ReplyDelete