|Prototype for her review - I really should clean up the jump stitches between the words.|
I did finish a project this week, my Wrenly/fleece baby quilt. To say I'm thrilled with how it turned out would be an understatement, considering how simple it is. The back seemed to just "puff-up" after it was washed. A lot of people have asked about how I made it. Basically it is just quilters cotton front and fleece batting/backing (just 2 layers). I pin basted it, careful not to stretch the fleece. As a matter of fact, I didn't even tape the back down, just laid it flat on the table and smoothed the cotton down on top. I quilted it on my domestic machine (Pfaff QE 4.0). I was careful with my hands, not to let the fleece stretch. Really quilted pretty easy. I did use my Supreme Slider to make the quilt glide better while I was quilting it and stitched it using Aurifil 50wt thread. I did NOT pre-wash my fabric (I'm lazy that way), but I washed the quilt after it was done. Washed beautifully.
I also did a small amount of quilting on my Express Your Love quilt, quilted my world.
So all in all, it wasn't a bad week, especially considering how busy I've been at work (which tends to leak over into my "free-time").
Here are this weeks stats:
Express Your Love
New projects: (1)
YA YA's embroidery
Wrenly/fleece baby quilt
I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday
Color Me Quilty!