Sunday, April 7, 2013

Another Block for the Starry Night

Last week I got a urgent plea for help from a IMQG member. She was unexpectedly called out of town. She asked if I would do her "Starry Night" block, I said sure. Click here and here to read about our group project.
Vincent vanGogh's Starry Night art grid quilt. Poster section on the left, my Lumiere painted block on the right.
 Not a perfect match, mine is a little darker, hopefully it will still look good next to it's neighbor. We have our meeting today, so hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to show you all of the blocks from the whole group. Now, I have to start getting ready for our meeting, we have a guess speaker today, Alice Gant - Quilt Diva! Yippee Skippee!

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

2 comments:

  1. I love your painted version of the block. I think that the variations in the tones and values of each block will just make this quilt look more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh pat... love your painted version even better!!! and the contrast is more striking to my eye... so very cool. look forward to seeing more!!!

    ReplyDelete