Wednesday, April 24, 2013

All Backed Up and Ready to Roll!

I'm happy to say that I have Grandma's quilt back all ready to baste.


  Since the quilt is 70" wide x 80" long, I had to piece the backing. I tried to match up the flowers and although it's not absolutely perfect, I think once it's quilted you won't seen that it's been pieced.



I even have found the perfect FMQ motif to quilt and did a little practice piece to try it out.
Of course there is no rush on THIS quilt, probably why I'm working on it. I plan on using the boards to baste this quilt, but I plan on spray basting it, not pin basting it.

I did get a whole lot accomplished on my Elephant quilt this week. All three panels are quilted and ready to be joined. I'm quite please with how this quilt it turning out.
Here are this week's stats:
In-process: (4)
Elephant quilt
Express Your Love
Layers quilt
Grandma's Quilt

New projects: (0)

Finished (0)


I'm linking up with  Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday




Color Me Quilty!
Pat

7 comments:

  1. I love the backing you chose for grandma's quilt. It's going to be beautiful! She'd be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job piecing the back. It will be lovely when it's completed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job piecing that backing. The very small difference in the pattern will NOT be noticed in a finished quilt. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What I can say, perfect piecing on the backing. No one can tell its pieced. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you done much spray basting before? I've done it a few times and love the speed of both the basting and quilting (no pins to get in the way!) Recently though I have started using starch and found when I tried to spray baste it didn't get at all sticky. I don't know if this is from the spray that I used, or the starch or a combination of the two. Have you had any experience with this?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your backing fabric is beautiful and a nice complement to your Grandma's quilt top. A quilt made so special by three generations.

    ReplyDelete