Friday, April 19, 2013

FMQ Friday Flower

 While perusing pinterest the other day I came across the coolest FMQ Flower. I wasn't surprise to find out that Lori at The Inbox Jaunt had quilted it and even has a great tutorial on how to quilt it. She is a wonderful quilter. I knew that I would use this flower on my Grandmother's quilt.
A row of quilted flowers
 Basically, it's a row of spirals, then outlined with three bumps and a leaf, then echoed. Easy, peasy!
Close up of the flowers.

The perfect motif for Grandma's quilt. She would have loved them.

Free Motion Quilting Friday
Color Me Quilty!

Pat

11 comments:

  1. That is going great on that quilt. Good pick. It is a good match for those older fabs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Fabulous Flower looks great on your quilt--you've don an expert job! So glad that you liked the tutorial--and thanks for the "shout-out"! --Lori at The Inbox Jaunt

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great and I think it will be a good design to add to my bag of quilting tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice find! It looks great and is an excellent choice for that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a really good choice! Love it!
    Looks simple enough to quilt too, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great pattern! I have never seen it before, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the roses! I am going to head off to learn it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You flowers look so pretty - such a pretty pattern. I'm off to to bookmark the tutorial! Happy Quilting! Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks great Pat, i'm going to start practicing fmq, inspired by you and sherri!.

    ReplyDelete