Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Straight Line Quilting

Most people begin learning how to quilt with a walking foot and straight line quilting. Not me, I never could seem to get the hang of it. Of course, I did realize later that you can adjust the foot pressure, which was my problem. I still don't like it, boring! Although, I do like the LOOK of it.

The front of the third panel of my Elephant quilt. The rows of stitching are about an inch apart

This week has been dedicated to getting my Elephant quilt closer to the finish line. I basted the third panel, using two 1"x3" boards and my dining room table to baste it. That worked really well, click here if you want to see how I did that.
Three full yards of fabric

The back of the panel you can see I still have quite a bit more stitching to do.
The only other thing I did this week was another strand of Goddess hair on Express Your Love quilt




 Here are this week's stats:
In-process: (4)
Elephant quilt
Express Your Love
Layers quilt
Grandma's Quilt

New projects: (0)

Finished (0)


I'm linking up with  Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday



Color Me Quilty!
Pat

6 comments:

  1. I really can't wait to see this one finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its funny - I find straight lines the hardest thing to do. Maybe I'm too picky or maybe impatient, but I have never been able to get them exactly like I want them. Yours are beautiful - Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The straight lines may be boring but the results are spectacular. This will be a lovely quilt!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree with you! The quilting looks beautiful!
    My very first quilt I wanted to free-motion quilt not knowing anything about FMQ. I used my regular foot and got so frustrated with the experience. But it turned out good, because that's how I found Leah Day and made so many blogger friends.

    Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say the same thing about straight line! Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What are the board sizes really? They can't be 1"x3", and even f they were 1'x3' they still wouldn't be large enough. That's only a yardstick.....like the idea, though.

    ReplyDelete