Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Still Quilting!

I love to FMQ, but it does take time, especially when you tend to quilt the snot out of your quilts. I had set aside my Elephant quilt for about a month. It is a queen sized quilt, and even though I'm breaking it up into 3 panels, it still is a lot to handle. I'm working on the navy panel. I've created squiggly rows and stitching flowers and lines into every other row.







I have another row to do before the panel is complete. It takes 2 bobbins of 50wt Aurifil to complete one row, that's a lot of thread. And my husband wants to know why I "stash" thread, almost as much as I "stash" fabric - silly husband!

I'm linking up with A Quilt Story for Fabric Tuesday and Free Motion by the River for Linky Tuesday. 

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

7 comments:

  1. Your quilting is looking awesome! I know it does take lot of time to finish the FMQ on domestic machine. Its all worth it at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful FMQ. It is just great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful quilting Pat! Now your husband knows why you have to keep extra thread on hand! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! This is my favorite quilt of yours! I'm so excited to see the progress on it! Stashing thread is super important. Better than driving to the fabric store every day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your FMQ is great, so beautiful, and adds such a lot to the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I *hate* running out of thread! It happens way too much, so I am starting to buy the really big spools. Your quilting is turning out beautiful! all those lines around flowers are really nice!

    ReplyDelete