Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Does Shopping Count as WIP Work???

Well, I think it does! I went shopping for the back, binding and batting for my recently found treasure, a quilt top made by my grandmother in the 1940's or 50's. 
Grandma's quilt on the left, backing fabric on the right, binding fabric on the bottom, topped off with lovely Quilters Dream low loft cotton batting.

I found two LQS having sales, that takes some work, right??? The backing and the binding, found in two different shops, both on sale.

Of course, one of the shops was having their 10 year Anniversary sale, 25% off everything in the store. You really couldn't expect me to walk out without a little something for my stash, did you?

I'm a total sucker for solids, but I also couldn't help that sweet little typewriter print either.

I did get some quilting done this week, besides just shopping. I finished quilting the navy panel and worked on the elephant panel for my Elephant quilt. I still have some work to do on the elephant panel. Then I need to baste the last panel and quilt it before I can start assembly. I think I can get it done this month. That's the goal at least.








I completed a block for my guild "Art Grid" project. The Ithaca Modern Quilt Guild quilt is starting to look fabulous. I just LOVE how it is turning out.
I did block 11 and 21
So all in all, it was a pretty productive week, as long as you count shopping as work! ;)

Here are this week's stats:
In-process: (4)
Elephant quilt
Express Your Love
Layers quilt
Grandma's Quilt

New projects: (0)

Finished (1)
Block 11 for the IMQG Art Grid Project

I'm linking up with  Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday




Color Me Quilty!
Pat

7 comments:

  1. Yes!! Shopping absolutely counts. Picking just the right medium is always a challenge and sometimes makes me downright tired. Looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course shopping is work! I "work" very hard at enhancing my stash. We must have all the necessary tools in order to create masterpieces, right? And I love the "tools" you added - yum!!! I'm building up a little solids stash myself, and that typewriter fabric is just too darn cute :*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shopping totally counts. I love those typewriters.
    AmandaK@whatthebobbin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I agree, shopping does count! I just did a little of that myself the other day ;) What a treasure you scored with your Grandma's quilt top!! I adore those fabrics in it *huge sigh of envy* :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shopping counts. Good job picking out fabs for Gramma's quilt. Do you ever wonder if someone will be doing that for our q-tops someday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fabric you picked out for grandma's quilt! It matches perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow your grandmothers quilt top sound amazing, I hope my my future grand kids will finish something of mine because we all know there will be plenty to go around.

    ReplyDelete