Thursday, April 11, 2013

A Kick in the Seat of My Pants!

Last year I participated in Quilter In The Gap's FAL and really finished up all of my UFO/WIPs. Yes, I was feeling pretty smug, but recently I realized that I've been resting on my laurels, obviously wearing them on the wrong end. It looks like I need a kick in the pants to get them readjusted. I need to work on some projects. So, I'm going to play this quarter in She Can Quilt's Finish-A-Long and get some control again. I NEED to finish some long standing projects. So here's my list of Q2 projects.

1. My Elephant Quilt

This is a queen sized quilt that I'm quilting in 3 panels and will join them after I quilt them. I have the navy panel completed and almost finished FMQ the elephant panel. I need to baste the diamond panel and quilt, then join and bind. I would love to think I could finish that this month, fingers crossed.



2. My Layers quilt

 This is another queen sized quilt that I'm doing QAYG (quilt as you go). I have 2 of 9 blocks assembled and basted. Lots and lots to do on this quilt.

3. My Grandma's Quilt
This is a quilt top that I found tucked into some of my mother's stuff. I'm sure this is a top that my grandmother made back in the 1940's or 50's. I found some nice backing and binding. There is no rush on completing this quilt, therefore I'm likely to want to work on it. So I will put this quilt on my list, just because!







I'm linking up with Leanne at she can quilt for the 2nd Quarter FAL.

she can quilt

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

4 comments:

  1. liking the elephants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your elephant quilt. I have some of that fabric. You are inspiring me to try to dig it out.....grin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your elephant quilt - just gorgeous. And what amazing quilting!

    ReplyDelete