Saturday, November 10, 2012

A Birthday Pillow

My grandson's birthday is this week, he's turning six. Gosh, how time flies. But one thing has remained constant throughout his young life, he LOVES American flags! He has loved them since he teeny tiny. If you recall, I made him a flag quilt, that he loved, but was unfortunately ruined. I don't have time to make him a whole new quilt right now, so I thought the next best thing was a pillow.


I quilted it with just some simple curvy lines

The Buffalo Bills are his favorite team so I used some Bills fleece on the back
I've never used fleece before, but I really would love to use it on some quilt backs in the future. I did struggle with it a bit, it wanted to shift and stretch. The biggest problem was the button holes. The kept getting all wadded up in the feed dogs. So I added a bit of tear away stabilized, worked beautifully.


 Now I'm all set to host his birthday breakfast tomorrow morning. Mmmm, waffles with fruit and of course lots of bacon!

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

P.S. Thank you to everyone who supported me at the Bloggers Quilt Festival. I didn't win, but I sure did have a good time!

2 comments:

  1. Tear away stabilizer is one of the greatest secrets I have discovered. I think every sewing machine should come with a sheet of it and an idea sheet for using it.

    Sorry you didn't win, but hey, I didn't even make it into the finals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I love the flag/Bills combo! :) Perfect little boy pillow.

    And I'm with Gene, I can't believe your quilt didn't win it, but you sure should be proud!

    ReplyDelete