Friday, January 17, 2014

FMQ Goddess Hair

It feels so good to be back working on my Express Your Love (Goddess) quilt. This panel was designed by Leah Day for last year's quilt-a-long. Several quilts jumped ahead of her last year, but I'm really ready to continue work on her. Last night I got several "strands" of her hair done.


Poseidon's Eye is one of Leah's motifs. Really enjoyed quilting it.

Ocean Currents and just squiggly lines. Funny, I had the most trouble stitching the squiggly lines, my thread keep breaking. I still don't have the tension perfect.


I'm psyched that this is a long weekend coming up with no commitments to do anything but quilt.  I'm hoping to start on Leah's new quilt-a-long.



Today I'm linking up with Leah for FMQ Project Link Up.


 Color Me Quilty!

Pat

13 comments:

  1. it is looking good. I want to hear more about your experiences with Betty Lou.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the different textures for the hair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is beautiful. Please come join us on the BBQA! We're having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh - I'm loving all that yummy texture!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, Pat, what a great stitching job! It all flows beautifully, perfect for her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's coming along great! I love your stitch pattern choices!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Makes me excited to learn more during the BBQA so I can tackle my Goddess! Are you working on the Spoonflower fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job, Pat! Good to see you working on that project again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilting. I have yet to start my spoonflower version. It hangs in my craft room and I look at a lot - but several projects in front of it. Thank you for sharing yours

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful quilting. I have yet to start my spoonflower version. It hangs in my craft room and I look at a lot - but several projects in front of it. Thank you for sharing yours

    ReplyDelete
  11. She looks great. I like your choices for her hair. I also have to finish my E.Y.L. quilt this year. Early this year? We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's coming along beautifully, Pat! My goal is to finish mine next month, exactly one year after I started it.

    ReplyDelete