Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Fresh and Bright New May Day

The months seem to fly by and I wonder what I've been doing. I always like to start a new month linking up to Lily's Quilts for Fresh Sewing Day. Of course, since I have a good deal of work in process (WIP), I will be linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced, also.


I worked on two vintage quilts this month, a little FMQ, some very cool new (to me at least) methods to baste, guild projects and almost completed my Elephant quilt.

1. Grandma's quilt (pink and blue, most likely from the 1940's or 50's). I found fabric for the back and binding. Got the back pieced and the quilt basted. I also did a practice run on the quilting motif for this quilt.

2. Tereska's quilt (a few decades old), we finally got the top together, sashed with some pretty lime green, and the quilt basted.

3. I learned some new methods for basting quilts that are sooooo much easier on the knees and take far less room for the process. Basting with 1"x 3" boards, variation for both pin and spray basting.

4. The Ithaca Modern Quilt Guild Art Grid project, I completed my second block. I am just amazed with how cool it looks all together.

5. I worked a bit on Leah Day's Express Your Love Goddess quilt. I am having a good time, taking my time FMQ this panel. What fun!

6. I decided on participating in the Make It Right challenge. Of course the project design is a secret (even for me at this point, LOL). I'm looking forward to working on this.

7. Last but not least, what a spent the vast majority of my time on this month is my Elephant quilt. It's so close to being completed. I'm thinking about entering it into the Blogger's Quilt Festival later this month, if I get it finished.

So all in all, even though I didn't have and big TA DA's this month, it was a good month sewing!

Here are this week's stats:
In-process: (4)
Elephant quilt
Express Your Love
Layers quilt
Grandma's Quilt

New projects: (1)
Making It Right Challenge

Finished (0)


I'm linking up with  Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday and Lily's Quilts for Fresh Sewing Day!



Lily's Quilts

 

Color Me Quilty!
Pat


7 comments:

  1. Whew, you still got a lot accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what wonderful work! You have been so busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woot! What a nice way to put it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Spring in fabric. You've got a lot of great stuff going on here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy. Feels good to know you are moving forward, I bet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your projects all look wonderful and I love your mosaic. It shows them off beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete