I worked on two vintage quilts this month, a little FMQ, some very cool new (to me at least) methods to baste, guild projects and almost completed my Elephant quilt.
1. Grandma's quilt (pink and blue, most likely from the 1940's or 50's). I found fabric for the back and binding. Got the back pieced and the quilt basted. I also did a practice run on the quilting motif for this quilt.
2. Tereska's quilt (a few decades old), we finally got the top together, sashed with some pretty lime green, and the quilt basted.
3. I learned some new methods for basting quilts that are sooooo much easier on the knees and take far less room for the process. Basting with 1"x 3" boards, variation for both pin and spray basting.
4. The Ithaca Modern Quilt Guild Art Grid project, I completed my second block. I am just amazed with how cool it looks all together.
5. I worked a bit on Leah Day's Express Your Love Goddess quilt. I am having a good time, taking my time FMQ this panel. What fun!
6. I decided on participating in the Make It Right challenge. Of course the project design is a secret (even for me at this point, LOL). I'm looking forward to working on this.
7. Last but not least, what a spent the vast majority of my time on this month is my Elephant quilt. It's so close to being completed. I'm thinking about entering it into the Blogger's Quilt Festival later this month, if I get it finished.
So all in all, even though I didn't have and big TA DA's this month, it was a good month sewing!
Here are this week's stats:
Express Your Love
New projects: (1)
Making It Right Challenge
I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday and Lily's Quilts for Fresh Sewing Day!
Color Me Quilty!